Straight from the horses mouth, we see that somehow, document shredding is part of the culture of policing at the highest levels: the FBI task forces employ DOCUMENT SHREDDERS as part of routine operations.
Sure–one could make the argument that things like old editions of Playboy magazine used during covert Ops should be discarded–but other than that? I can’t see any realistic, law enforcement securing, evidence preserving reason to have a DOCUMENT SHREDDER around.
- Simultaneously support up to five independent operations of varying size, configuration, and requirements for different security levels;
- Accommodate representatives from other agencies, as well as organizations called upon to participate during special events or crisis operations;
- Supply computers, printers, fax machines, shredders, secure telephones, satellite telephones, high frequency and satellite radios with connections via public and U.S. government communication lines;
- Offer an interactive audio-visual system throughout the facility that includes video teleconferencing systems…
- Provide information management capabilities including electronic libraries of information accessible through a user-friendly FBI-wide Intranet, as well as local-area and wide-area network connections at the unclassified, secret, and top secret security levels; and
- Sustain an uninterrupted power supply and back-up generators.”
Gee, back to walmart–I need to keep up with these guys, and the nefarious methods they employ to restrict the nature of their evidentiary process. AND to buy another ‘backup power generating’ source before they cut my electricity off–AGAIN!
I mean–who wants to be the next david Koresh, with your ass on fire, screaming ” I was told you are the GOOD GUYS!–why are you sending pyrotechnics into my childrens BEDROOMS????????????”
Ouch. It hurts to even imagine that those most entrusted to “protect US” actually are willing, and more than able to kill us and our children...for the sake of “good PR”.
J.Edgar must be rolling in his/her grave right now, stymied that he can’t jack off to the videos of burning children at WACO. ANd that he didn’t even HAVE a shredder that he could use to destroy all of his gay cross dressing porn before he died.
Oh, that’s right: he had a loyal, cuckolded secretary to do that for him.
“Plausible deniability ain’t just a river in Egypt.”